North Korea announced Thursday, March 18, to refuse all contact with the United States, unless they renounce their “hostile policy”.
According to the official North Korean news agency KCNA, North Korea announced on Thursday that it would ignore any attempts to make contact with the United States as long as Washington did not give up its “hostile policy” towards it.
According to KCNA quoted by South Korean News Agency Yonhap, Choe Son Hui, First Deputy Foreign Minister, said: “No contact between the United States and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and no dialogue can have take place before the United States ends its hostile policy towards the DPRK “before adding that” Therefore, we will continue in the future to ignore such attempts by the United States “.
North Korea’s warning came on Tuesday, March 16, as two senior US officials, Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, were in Seoul. Kim Yo Jong, the influential sister of the North Korean leader, said she wanted to give “advice to the new American administration which is trying to spread a smell of powder on our country”. Last week, Seoul and Washington began joint military maneuvers, the launch of which was followed on Tuesday by a strong warning from Pyongyang to Washington.
The two US officials are visiting Seoul to strengthen their alliance with South Korea with the aim of forming a united front against North Korea, which has nuclear weapons. They met with their South Korean counterparts on Wednesday and are due to meet with South Korean President Moon Jae-in on Thursday.