United States: Beyoncé and Jay-Z mansion set on fire, criminal track evoked
One of the couple’s homes went up in smoke on July 21 in New Orleans.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z lost one of their homes in the flames. The couple’s mansion in New Orleans, which has been empty for two years, was the target of a fire on July 21, as reported by the Huffington post .
The fire alarm went off quickly at the time of the disaster around 6.15 p.m., 22 firefighters were on site. The fire was completely brought under control at 8:30 p.m. No one was hurt. “If the firefighters had not intervened in time, it could have been much worse . It is a historic house,” said the spokesman for the firefighters to the American media NY Post .
Investigators found “books in the kitchen oven” and “a can of gasoline in the house,” the report said. The cause of the fire has not yet been discovered and the criminal trail has not been ruled out. Indeed, according to the American media, the police received numerous testimonies indicating that “a suspicious person” had been spotted in the district shortly before the fire. Beyoncé and Jay-Z have not publicly reacted to the fire, nor to the loss of this home they had owned since 2015.